Dr S.R.Wadia has tremendous sucess rate in treating leucoderma cases. I found this article in Homeopathic links , however i never found this article elsewhere in web His experience,research and insight in the disease will definitely guide all of us in exploring the new dimension in treating leucoderma cases.
LEUCODERMA- A SOCIAL STIGMA
Leucoderma, which causes white patches on the skin, has been known for centuries. Though it is not contagious, it causes a lot of embarrassment, particularly in females, who regard it as a social stigma. Hence, from a cosmetic point of view its treatment is important.
Human skin has different hues in different parts of the world The colour of the skin is due to a pigment called melanin, which is more in coloured people. When this pigment decreases, the skin turns white. The pigment increases when the parts are exposed to sun or ultraviolet rays. Hence, physicians ask their patients to expose these parts to the sun after applying their medicine. However, this effect is short-lived and at times may cause blisters. One of my patients who applied Bavchi powder mixed in water had huge blisters which had to be dressed. When the blisters healed, the skin still remained white.
COMMON TREATMENTS USED IN THE PAST AND PRESENT.
1. Psoralent compounds and Amimajus (Unani) were hailed as a great research. Side effect-digestive upsets and blisters with itching all over the skin.
2. Corticosteroids have many side effects and cannot be given for long.
3. Cuban cure for leucoderma is a placental extract and as a lotion is applied locally on the patches and then exposed to ultraviolet light.
4. Injections too have been tried, unsuccessfully. Research has to be made with Homoeopathic potencies.
HOMOEOPATHIC VIEW POINT
Causes The most important cause according to my findings and statistics are
1) Chronic amoebic dysentery and intestinal parasites. 50 percent of patients give a history of worms preceding the diseases.
2) Other skin disease suppressed by external application and by internal allopathic drugs.
3) History of repeated vaccinations as in frequent travellers and those in the Army and Navy.
4) P / H or F / H of Tubercular infection.
5) P / H or F / H of Diabetes.
6) Shock, anxiety, mental strain. Case have been mentioned, where continuous air raids in a war have turned the skin white in a couple of days!
7) A young Christian lady visited me for white spots. On questioning, she told me that her husband was at sea and she had two children to look after. She earned a little by giving tuitions but that was taken away by her mother in law. There was a constant friction between them. She burst into tears while narrating the story. Her deep grief was responsible for the white patches.
8) A family history of Leucoderma is seen in many patients. So I think that marriage between two individuals with Leucoderma should be avoided. Dr Mofti gives a case, where a young lady developed vitiligo during her pregnancy. The ladys mother had vitiligo. Her child also developed vitiligo at age of 6 years.
I had a case of a 20 year old girl with leucoderma, where there was a history of leucoderma in the grand mother as well as mother.
9) Cauterisation done for warts or moles may result in subsequent leucoderma. A friends daughter had extensive white patches all over the body after cauterisation of warts.
10) Miasmatic conditions: a) From among the three miasms, Psora is maximally responsible for the condition. This is mainly in cases where skin complaints like eczema, ringworm, scabies etc have been suppressed by ointments. In such cases our greatest antipsoric remedy Sulphur is of great help.
b) For Sycotic conditions with a history of vaccination, Thuja found to be useful.
c) The third miasmatic condition, ie Syphilis: has bilateral patches, stomatitis and aggravation at night, Mercury preparations, or preferably Lueticum is useful.
d) In some cases where there is Tuberculosis in the family and the patient suffers from chronic colds and cough, then Tuberculinum and Bacillinum are useful.
There are some cases of Leucoderma, where there is no family history of Leucoderma, but the patient had suffered from gastro- intestinal diseases such as amoebic or bacillary dysentery, gastroenteritis, enteric fever, etc which were treated with antibiotics and chemo-therapeutic drugs. Here, probably as a result of the powerful drugs the intestinal mucosa is affected, causing a deficiency of Tyrosine, leading to a disturbed melanin formation. The choice of remedies here is Nux-vomica, Bacillinum, Chelidonium or Phosphorus followed with constitutional remedies.
12) In a paper on Vitiligo and albinism published in the Indian Journal of Medical Science 27-86, 1973 Dr J C Shroff, reported the findings of a relationship between Vitiligo and several autoimmune disorders like pernicious anaemia, thyroid disease and diabetes mellitus.
13) (i) Genetic predisposition is recognised. A number of vitiligo patients do give family history of the disease.
(II) Neurogenic factor- There is some evidence to suggest that the loss of pigment could be attributed to the failure of neural or neurochemical control of melanocytes, resulting from damage to nerve fibres.
(III) Vitamin B Complex- Since nutritional factors affects the process of pigmentation, direct proteins, vitamins and certain metals should not be lost sight of.
14) According to Vaidya, Journal of Gujarat University, B-Science of August 1975, the reasons for depigmentation are unknown. Many factors eg genetic, dietary, autoimmune bodies, vitamin deficiency, neuroendocrinal mechanisms, neurodermatosis and inhibition of some intracellular enzymatic process have been suggested. According to Siddick (1962) heredity seems to play a positive role and Fitzpatrick (1965) believes it is an irregular dominant trait.
15) Biochemistry and Endocrinology- Melanin formation depends on enzyme tyrosinase. Since optimum body levels of Vitamins are a prerequisite for Tyrosinase activity (Breathnach, 1971), Leucoderma is often associated with deficiency of Vitamins (Sieve, as cited by Sulzberger et al, 1965)
Gonadal, adrenal, thyroidal as well as pituitary dysfunctions have been associated with skin depigmentation (Robert, 1951; Learner, 1959) and specific antigens in Saliva of vitiligo patients). Female hormones taken for a long time are often said as a block to curing Vitiligo.
16) Minerals: Copper has the highest catalytic activity on Tyrosine (Fleshch and Rotham 1948). It is more active than Manganum and 100 times more active than Ferrous ions. (Scalon 1969). The Tyrosin molecule itself contains 0.2 percent copper and is synthesized in the ribosomal fraction of melanocytes. Ghoshal (1959) has reported significantly high level of Ceruloplasmin (the form in which 90 percent of copper occurs in blood) in Leucoderma patients. Our studies of the blood mutabilities of normal and Leucoderma patients, have shown that both copper and ceruloplasmin level are low in Leucoderma patients. (V C Shah, NJ Chinoy, M V Majumdar and K S Sharma, Zoology department, School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad 380009)
17) Diet-Flesh of unhealthy animals mainly ham, bacon, pork harbour a lot of parasites, eggs and cysts. When digested they release tiny worms in the intestine and do havoc in Human beings. If cooked pork is pink it has not been properly cooked. The meat must be white to be safe. Citrus fruits should be avoided. Papaya and mangoes can be taken. Nonvegetarians can take fish, meat and eggs in moderation but no milk products. Chapattis with bran instead of white bread is recommended.
Baby Vandana, 9 years old, came in May 1983 with white patches on the feet, legs, back and the left eye. Ayurvedic treatment, Psoralen and cortisones gave no result.
Past History-Dysentery, Bone Tuberculosis, Measles, Chicken pox, The child studies in a boarding school where repeated inoculations are given. BCG, Polio, Triple vaccination given.
Family History-Tuberculosis in paternal aunt and grandmother.
Stool Examination-showed Giardial Lambia, cysts of E Histolytica.
X ray heels showed osteomyelitis of the Calcaneous bone. Treated with Isonex. Patient occasionally passed threadworm and round worms.
Thuja 10M was given on 6-5-83.
13-6-83 Spots same, Repeated colds. Bacillinum 200 (3)
1-10-83 Spots improving. Bacillinum 1M (3) *(See Dosage Schedule)
2-5-84 Only one spot on ankle remains Drosera 1M (3)
Gradually Drosera was given upto CM potency with excellent results.
24-8-85 Spot on the foot same and new spot around left eye. Applied ointment.
Spot appeared after TABC vaccine Thuja 10M (3)
21-9-85 Spots improving. Tub-bov 1M (3)
8-11-85 Spot on eye disappeared.
Faint spot on ankle Tub-bov 1M (3)
Tuberculinum-bov was continued upto 10 M potency with excellent results.
This girl is now absolutely healthy with no spots, and very infrequent colds. The cause in this case was bone tuberculosis in the family. Margaret Tyler recommends Drosera for bone tuberculosis, which proved useful in this case.
A patient, 6 years old, was brought by his father in Nov 1986 with white patches on the face, knees, elbows, left upper eyelid and groin. Psoralen was given a year ago for four months. His father was a Doctor and a Lt Col in the Army.
Past History- Measles, pneumonia. Treated with antibiotics which produced a severe diarrhoea and resulted.
*Note: Dosage Schedule
(3) 3 doses per day for 1 day
(6) 3 doses per day for 2 days
TDS-3 doses per day for one week or till reports again in dehydration. Vaccinated for Polio, DPT and BCG. She grinds her teeth and talks in sleep. Appetite poor. Dreams of falling from bed.
Family History- Mother had Leucoderma in pregnancy. Boils.
The child is average in studies.
Treatment- Thuja 10 M was given on 8-11-86 in vies of history of vaccination.
24-12-86 Reduction of spots on face Grinds the teeth Thuja 10M (3).
19-2-87 Father wrote that the spots on the knee and face disappeared. However one on the groin remained. Teeth grinding persists Nat-phos 6x tds.
13-6-87 One spot persists. Perspiration profuse Silicea 200 (6)
6-1-87 Grinding of teeth stopped. No dreams of falling. Tiny spot left Thuja 50 M (3)
The cause was vaccination and drugs.
Miss A B C, 14 years of age came with Leucoderma on the eyelids, both the legs, knees, back, at the buttocks near the anus, below the navel and lips since four years (see photo 3a).
Past History-Dysentery, worms, ringworm.
Family history of arthritis in mother and Leucoderma in maternal uncle.
Other Symptoms- Motion sickness. Frequent headaches. Menses normal. Sleep disturbed, funny dreams. Skin dry in winter and pimples in summer. Appetite normal with increase thirst. Stool and urine normal.
Mentals- nervous, sad and fastidious.
Treatment and Follow up-
11-5-82-Sepia 200 (3)
3-6-82- Same Sepia 1M (3).
31-10-82-Appearance of ringworm. Sulphur 1M. (3)
The patient improved with Sulphur which was gradually stepped upto CM potency, 3 doses.
16-6-83 Spots fainter, white spots on mucocutaneous junction Sulphur CM (3)
23-12-83-Spots on face disappeared, few spots remain and so do few grey hair. Menarche with dysmenorrhoea Mag-Phos 6x tds.
11-7-85-Patients mother came and gave a history of Primary complex in her child. Tub- bov 1M (3)
19-12-85- Spots on back disappeared completely. Mentally irritable Tubbov 1 M (3)
16-11-86- Occasionally irritable. depressed and angry Tub-bov 10M (3).
Initially Sulphur was given for suppression of Dysentery and ringworm. After knowing that she had primary complex, Tuberculinum was given which completely cleared the case. (See Photo 3b).
Miss A S, 8 year old child was brought by her mother with white spots on upper and lower extremities, chest and back since past nine months. Frequent coughs and colds with sneezing. Past history of tonsillitis, boils on the leg.
Triple and polio vaccination. Worse since then.
Family History- recurrent colds in mother and bronchitis in grandfather.
Perspiration ++. Hot patient.
Sleep restless. Shreiking in sheep. Frightful dreams of falling. Talks in sleep. Grinding of teeth in sleep.
Treatment - On 23-6-73 Thuja 10 M (3 doses) was given, based on history of vaccination.
7-7-73- Very restless at night. Dreams ++ Thuja 50 M (3)
6-3-76- Patient was back as few spots had appeared (The old ones having disappeared) Thuja CM (3).
21-6-76- Spots fading, loose stools. Feels very hot Sulphur 200 (3).
25-2-78 Seen after 2 years. Was better but treated for tonsillitis and grew worse. REstless at night and a lot of dreams. Sulphur 1 M (3)
Sulphur was given in 1978, 1981, 1983 and patient is not completely cured.
In this case, causes were vaccinosis and suppressed skin disease. Patient enjoys good health and I am now treating her child for common day to day illnesses.
Mrs B H B aged 60 years, came with leucoderma since 8-10 months on the flexors of wrists, finger folds, around the lips and chest with occasional itching.
Sweats on the palms.
Sleep normal. No dreams.
Menopause at 42 years of age.
Likes winter and bathes with cold water.
P-H of Haemorrhoids. Pleurisy 20 years ago. Occasional pain due to pleurisy. Pneumonia in childhood, Rheumatic heart disease.
All these have been treated with allopathic medicine.
Mentals- Short tempered, cries easily on consolation.
Treatment- On 6-6-91 started to antidote the effects of allopathic drugs by Nux-vom 30 tds.
13-6-91- H-O Pleurisy, pneumonia. Bacillinum 200 (3)
19-6-91- Spots improving. Bleeding piles. for 1 week. Hamamelis 30 tds.
24-7-91 Spots improving. However spots on hand same. Piles improving Bacillinum 1 M (3). Cuprum-acet 30 tds.
Patient improved overall with Bacillinum which was slowly stepped up to CM potency. The occasional pain in the left lung also disappeared. Here leucoderma which the miasmatic brunt bore due to pleurisy, was cured by treating the miasmatic predisposition. Patient was seen in this year and is 99 percent better. (see Photograph
CASE 6: Mrs S G, 52 years of age, has Leucoderma since 20 years, all over the body, face, eyes, legs, breast, lips. Face badly affected. (see Photo 6a) Past history- of threadworms, dysentery, typhoid, breathlessness.
Family History- Tuberculosis in sister and paternal grandmother. Constipation +
Hot patient. Heat of palms and soles. Head feels hot.
Temperamentally very irritably.
Diagnosis. Psoriasis based Leucoderma.
On 30-5-88 Sulphur 200 (3 doses) followed by Hollariana antidysenterica 30 tds was started.
27-6-88- Same Sulphur 10M (2)
Hollariana-antidysenterica 30 tds
11-7-88 Menses expected. Heaviness in breast. Must support them. Cold sweat Calc-carb 200 93) Hollariana antidysenterica 30 tds.
Calc-carb was stepped upto CM gradually over a period of one year with good improvement. When improvement stopped- Rub-bov 10 M (3) followed by Nat-mur 6x tds was given. 9-10-89-Spots gradually improving. Tub-bov 10M (3)
16-2-90-Spots backache + Drosera 10 M (3)
29-10-9- Spots But cough and cold Tub-bov 50 M (3) Calc-phos 6x tds. (Tub-bovinum CM was then given every month).
Patient examined after two and a half years on 10-1-93. Only a single small spot remained on right upper lid. (see photo 6b)
Mrs E came with white spots on both the hands, legs, nape of neck since 5 years. She had freckles on the face which were treated with Betnovate cream. H-o 3 Caesareans and hysterectomy 15 years back.
Warts on the face. Sea aggravates. Hyperemesis. Vaccination
F-H angina in mother, pleurisy in uncle. Father had cancer and constipation.
Dreams of missing steps.
Thermal- Better in moderate climate.
Mentals- irritable, short tempered, avoids crowds and company.
Treatment started with Thuja 10 M (3) followed by Nux-vomica 30 tds on 20-12-89.
16-1-90, Constipation. Feels hot in winter. Sulphur 200 (3)
31-1-90. Constipation better, spots same, Car sickness Sepia 200 (3).
(Sepia was given upto 50 M potency which improved her spots)
12-6-90-Anxiety about her fathers Ignatia 200 93) health, as he suffered from cancer.
31-7-90-Father expired, grief. Desires salt. Spots same Nat-mur 200 (3)
18-9-90- No change in spots Carcinosin 200 (3)
Carcinocin was stepped upto 10 M potency sand repeated at long intervals. Spots almost gone.
A female child, Miss N D, 9 years of age, had white mottled spots on the nape of the neck and margin of hair. She had tried a lot of medicines and local applications.
Past history of measles.
History of vaccination +. Allergic to nylon panties.
Family history- Jaundice, eczema in father. Boils in mother. Eczema in grand father and diabetes in grand mother.
Sleep sound. Grinding of teeth in sleep.
On 1-12-79 Thuja 10 M (3) followed by Silicea 30 was given.
5-1-80- Same Sulphur 200 (3)
28-3-80- Spots on forehead, nose, axilla gone Sulphur 1 M (3) a month ago. No improvement after this.
7-9-80 No spots on neck, hair still white Sulphur 1 M (3)
Sulphur in stepping potencies upto C M potency was given. However the hair remained white.
9-1-82 patient moved by sad stories. Weeps Weight increased suddenly.
Sweats profusely, Menses profuse Calc-carb 200 (3)
13-2-82 Mental symptoms but hair still white. Calc-carb 1 M (3)
Then Calc-carb was given in 10 M potency which helped most of the hair to regain its original black colour within one year.
Mrs P G, 40 years of age, came with huge white spots on the left side of the neck as well as on forehead between the eyebrows.
(see photo 9a) Has taken a lot of Allopathic as well as Homoeopathic treatment (dysentery-co 1M, Cup-met 1M, Silicea 200, ARs-sulph-flav 6x) without relief. Was better with application of neopsoralen and UV light but no further progress.
Minor diffuse goitre.
Stools - 3-4 times a day.
Ambithermal. Nervous temperament. Likes company.
Blood report shows eosinophil count-11 percent.
Stool report shows cysts of Giardia and ova of Ascarides Lumbricoides.
Started with Nux-vom 200 (6) and Merc-sol 200 tds on 5th Jan 1988.
The patient discontinued being out of town and opted for PUVA therapy, which resulted in burns.
11-4-89 Burns caused by PUVA. Sulphur 200 (3)
28-4-89- Stools 3-4 times a day with mucus Merc-sol 200 (6). Cantharis 30 tds.
20-12-89 Over a period of 8 months Merc-sol CM (1)
Merc-sol was stepped upto.
CM potency. Complaints today of aphthae and salivation Nit Acid 30 tds.
Spots and stools improved gradually in 3 months. Patient is much better now with few white streaks. (see Photo 9b)
Mr S, aged 55 years, a bachelor, had extensive Leucoderma since 20 years which was worse after vaccination. (See photo 10 a)
He also has Diabetes and oedema feet. Breathlessness worse on walking.
Past history of amoebic dysentery, malaria and typhoid.
Family history- Two of his brothers have Leucoderma. Diabetes and dysentery in father.
Sleep-good, occasional dreams.
Treatment- Sulphur 200 (2) was given on 25th Jan 1988. After 2 weeks Sulphur 1M (2) followed by Carbo veg 30. After six weeks Thuja 10 M (3) and Cup-acet 30 was given. In Aug 1988 black discolouration was noted. He also had bad dreams. Thuja CM and Cup-acet 30 was given. In Nov 1988 Sulphur 10M (2 doses) was repeated with Cup acet 30 3rd December 1899 Sulphur 50 M was given followed by Sulphur CM on 31 Dec 1988. Patient was better but for reasons unknown has discontinued treatment. (see photo 10b)
Case 11: Miss F E, aged 17 years was born with congenital white spots on her right hand, face, right breast, right elbow.) See photo 11a)
PH-O jaundice (since then the spots have increased)
Mother had taken some tablets to abort her pregnancy but did not succeed. Stool, urine, thirst, appetite normal. Menses delayed. Dysmenorrhoea, leucorrhoea. She prefers open air. Mentally friendly, mixes easily, weeps often, sympathy ameliorates.
Treatment Pulsatilla 200 was given and raised upto 50 M with good results. Dull spots on dorsum of right palm, face and elbow improved. Treatment was discontinued in a years time. (see Photo 11b)
A male patient, Mr H B M, 61 years of age came with huge patches of white discolouration of the skin. The patches were on the chest and both the upper extremities. (see photo 12a) On enquiry it was revealed that they appeared one and a half years ago as result of burns due to a burst boiler.
The patient was working on a ship.
Patient had taken Neopsoralen tablets for a year with no result.
Past history- Malaria, worms, drug allergy and asthma.
Family history- of Filaria in father and heart disease in mother.
A soft wart was present on the patients body. Hot patient. Vaccinations +, Innoculations +, TABC many times while on the ship.
Dreams- of dead, snakes and falling recurring every few months.
26-1-86- Thuja 1M (3) and Silicea 30 tds was started.
After a month the patient was given Sulphur 200 which was gradually raised in stepping potencies upto 50 M in a period of 5 months.
27-7-86- Skin better. Occasional attacks of asthma and colds Bacillinum 200 (3) Apis 30 tds.
Bacillinum 200 was given in rising potencies upto 10M.
After six months there were occasional attacks of asthma; Skin was better and white spots were fading.
5-9-88- No dreams. Repigmentation of the hands seen. Bacillinum 50 M
Patient discontinued treatment there after. (see photo 12b)
Drugs helpful in my Practice
At the outset, I may mention that the constitutional remedy works the best, if we can find matching symptoms. LAter, an intercurrent remedy or a miasmatic remedy can be given.
1. Thuja-occ- I use this remedy very frequently. My reasons.
a) A number of vaccinations and modern drugs have been given especially in children. Here Thuja works as an antidote and clears the sycotic background.
b) Symptoms of Thuja are present not only children but adults too have dreams of falling, startling in sleep, have warts on the face or body, loss of appetite and dullness since those innoculations. After three doses of Thuja 200, the patients general condition improves. Now is the time to give the indicated remedy which starts working well.
c) My third reason for giving this remedy, is in cases of history of tuberculosis or respiratory diseases in the patient. According to Dr Barnett in his book on tumours on pg 315, Bacillinum will not act very well unless Thuja is given first. Vacinosis evidently comes in the way, very much the same as Hahnemann mentions for Psora and the use of Sulphur as an intercurrent remedy.
2. Sulphur- This is an important remedy and also the greatest antipsoric. It will also cure (along with psora) the suppressed sycotic and syphilitic miasmatic symptoms. If there is a history of suppressed shin diseases, diarrhoea, dysentery, jaundice, typhoid and other fevers then this remedy is of help. But the most important thing is that symptoms of Sulphur should be present like.
a) Heat of palms, soles, eyes, anus, vulva, vagina and top of head.
b) Generally patient is hot yet sometimes could be chilly.
c) Irritability and obstinacy can also be noticed.
d) Books describe Sulphur as a ragged philosopher but that is not found in all the cases. Due to poverty or lack of toilet facilities he may not take a bath and look dirty. The remedy can be given in clean patients also if other symptoms agree.
3. Bacillinum- The third most important remedy is Bacillinum or Tuberculinum. Many times we get cases, where the patient suffers from a chronic cold, with an occasional history of haemoptysis. Loss of weight, loss of appetite, flat chests of boys and girls, prominent ribs and clavicles etc may be other symptoms. We could get a family history of TB or pleurisy. We ask a patient of Sulphur repeatedly for a history of skin diseases, similarly we must ask a Bacillinum patient for a history of chest diseases. Many patients who are not clear or intelligent give a history of pleurisy more often than a history of TB. So we must try and get the symptoms in a tactful manner. Tuberculinum-bovinum and Drosera act better if there is a history of glandular or bony tuberculosis. The first case baby V G had bone TB for which she was given the drugs mentioned above. Now 19 years old, she goes to college in perfect health.
4. Nux-vomica- is required initially when the patient comes after taking a lot of the Modern drugs. It acts as an antidote to clear the background. This remedy also helps the patient to get over the problem of ineffectual urge for stool and also improves his digestion. It however has no specific action on the white spots.
5. Sepia- useful particularly in females. Besides the usual white discolouration, these patients have irregular menses-late, scanty, painful, menses in young girls, leucorrhoea, pruritis, dyspareunia and frigidity.
Most patients give H-O morning sickness, vomiting, nausea, travellers headache. Swings, merry-ground etc also affect her. The remedy removes the above symptoms and the white spots become pink in colour, but do not disappear completely. Sepia requires to be complemented with Nat-mur, to complete the cure.
6. Merc-Sol- is indicated in cases with a history of dysentery with mucus and blood, jaundice and liver enlargement. These patients are worse at night with salivation and have a syphilitic miasm. They perspire in bed and do not tolerate extremes of climate.
7. Acid-nit- I have used this remedy in cases of white spots around mucocutaneous junctions. There may also be fissures at the same site. Other indications are-craving for chalk, pencils etc mainly in children. This remedy, like Sepia removes the other symptoms but spots do not disappear completely.
8. Graphites and Calc-carb-also do come in the picture occasionally. Both are obese but their other symptoms are different. There is a history of suppressed itch in Graphites and irregular menses in a Calc-carb.
9. Ars-sulph-flav-Many doctors say that they are disappointed with the use of this remedy. The real cause is that they merely prescribe it as a specific for the disease. This is the most abused prescription. Very few books have given characteristic symptom of this drug. On the lookout for a good literature of the drug I was pleasantly surprised to find it in Kents Lesser Writings a detailed description on page 18. It states that if one find either mental, general or sexual symptoms along with the white spots the patient will definitely get well.
In addition to these I have used various other remedies like.
10. Cup-aceticum- in lower potencies. This is because copper is the chief source to produce melanin.
11. Cantharis- In our materia medica nothing is mentioned about skin discolouration. Dr R S Pareek who has given a great important to this remedy states that in burns the skin loses its pigmentation and Cantharis restores it.
12. Restinon- has also been recommended by a doctor friend of mine from Calcutta.
13. Psoralin- I have used this in potencies, as antidote in those cases where a lot of it was given by the allopathic doctors in crude form.
14. Carcinocin- must be used when there is a definite history of cancer in the patients family. Mrs E whose case has been mentioned was perfectly well after giving Carcinocin.
15. Bowel Nosodes- Morgan-bach, Morgan=gaertner, and Dyscentrico have been used by me with good success.
I have had 500 cases of Leucodermal from 1974 to 1992. Of these
10 percent case have been completely cured; 40 percent were relieved of 90 percent of the spots, 25 percent of cases are improving and another 25 percent have discontinued treatment or are incurable.
1. Vitiligo and Psoralens- A M Elel Mofty.
2. Medicinal plants of India and Pakistan J F Dastur.
3. Everybodys guide of Ayurvedic medicine. J F Dastur.
4. Drugs of Hindustan- Sarat Chandra Ghosh. III edition.
5. Leucoderma and its Homoeopathic treatment- S R Wadia.
6. Diseases of the skin- Fredriek M Dearborn.
7. Disc / Electrophoretic studies of serum proteins in Vitiligo.
8. Vidya, Journal of Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, August 1975- Biochemistry and Endocrinology of Melanin formation.
9. Dr Kents Lesser writing- Pg 18, 1st Edition, (Sett Dey Co), Calcutta.